Ben was antsy about driving across the country with us, I am thinking mostly me... I get a little irritated on long drives. To prevent this and to keep me happy + busy (I am seeing this ever so clearly now, oh hindsight) he made me a very detailed itinerary. Stops with good food options were included. My favorite part? The nice neat row of check boxes next to each item, with a pencil attached. The man knows me. Food (good food) + check boxes and predicted times of arrival. Oh yes, I was happy. It was great fun. Jersey Freeze is in Iowa and has become a favorite little stop. Hot fudge banana malt. Mmm. Happy children and parents. We look a but haggard here, we were, only 2 hours from home.
That list was brilliant! I would have been in heaven. Johnny said - Ben is a smart man. We loved seeing you guys. Thanks for making it possible. We're glad you made it back safely and love you lots.
ReplyDelete