4.25.2010

Missouri


Does it always rain in Missouri? It rained from the moment we got off the plane to the moment we boarded the plane home. I took two pictures and this one of this Amish man was one of the two. Yes, this is just a few miles away from where we are going to live. I could not believe how green and gorgeous the area was- it was beautiful! I did have a mini breakdown when I realized how small the town was. But, as we left, signed a lease on a townhome and got ready to fly home to Eliza, I knew we were doing the right thing. So in 3.5 months we will be moving to a small town in Missouri. I will have the pleasure of learning why Maere loves Walmart so! Haa. No- but I do realize Walmart and online shopping are my only avenues to shopping- this will be good on the budget. Here we go.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so exciting. My family was just telling me the other day about how you drove into town and immediately burst into tears. Nate and I did a small, Midwest town (Champaign, IL) for med school too and learned to love it. There are good-hearted, humble people in that part of the country. You'll make many great friends and memories. You can do this! :) Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be such a fun adventure! We can enjoy the Med school route together! I would love to hang out with you before you move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sar! Love all the updates. I want to hear ALL about your trip. And I'm a little embarrassed you remember my fondness for Walmart. Although, I'm happy it may be a source of comfort to you. Even here in Utah now, with a Target close, I still make my way to Walmart for shopping!
    love you, call me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sar -- we are so excited for you guys! Call or email me sometime. I think I have a cute friend living in the same town. Her hubby is in Physical Therapy school. She has 2 little kids and would probably make a fun friend to go to WalMart with!!! Love your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Archive