6.30.2009

The Birthday Girl

Eliza turned 1! It was a very fun day for our little family.
First of all I do have to say that I am usually a less-is-more type of person, but
so many pictures were taken at her party that I am indulging in posting them. Drew's friend
from school was visiting and came to the party, he happened to be an amazing photographer
and not only took over 200 photos but they were pretty good photos too.
We didn't even ask him - he just stepped in so we could enjoy our little party and
he documented it. As a mother, I was so grateful.
So- here it is... Eliza's Party!
Waiting, waiting ever so patiently for the guests to arrive!
{Party hat courtesy Caitlin}

Guests enjoying pizza and the summer air. Sorry about Max the dog's behind.

Liam and Eliza- Liam is 2 weeks older than Eliza and is a great cousin and friend.
He is our swimming lesson buddy- his Mom Tara introduced me to infant swim courses-
which were amazing and I would recommend them to anyone. Loved it. Contact me for details :)

Catherine being the sweet cousin that she is helped Eliza open gifts.




Celina was so excited about the party and kept sqealing with delight.
Notice Mary Martha close by keeping watch on all the gifts.
She was way into the gifts.


Catherine and Mary helping Eliza open her gifts.


This was the real humdinger at the party. Eliza's favorite thing.
The best part is that Shelly said when she bought it she thought oh this is a real
piece of crap plastic toy- but she knew Eliza would love it and yes she LOVES it.

She loved the car so much that she opened all her other presents while sitting on it.




Sitting with Grandma Care trying to eat the baby dolls paci.
She loves the doll Aunt Jessie gave her.

I made her a delicious CK carrot cake. It was yummy. This was taken while singing
the birthday song.


Not so sure about the cake.
We were egging her on to dig in.

Um - she didn't love it.


She just wanted to feed it to Aunt Jessie.


But she loved her ice cream cone. Total hit.


See

Loved it so much.

And this was at the end - all tuckered out and ready for bed.
Sticky and tired she had a great first birthday.
Ben wanted me to put on the invitations-
"no gifts please she has everything she loves."
I couldn't do it - It's just too fun giving a one year old a small gift.

1 comment:

Archive