
image from Real Simple
Last night we had a little Mexican fiesta with friends. I thought I would share a yummy recipe we had because it was a really good dinner. It was a potluck of sorts and people really stepped it up on the recipes. It was yummy, easy, and fun.
I made Pulled Pork Tacos, from Real Simple. I made the recipe as written, with the addition of about 2-3 Tbs. of Brown Sugar and a squirt of honey to sweeten the pork a little. I love mole and this recipe had the mole feel. The best part of the recipe is that you put everything in the crock pot and you are done. We served the meat on costco tortilla shells (the best- thanks rach), lime wedges, and homemade salsa. It was delicious. There were a few other recipes from the night I will try to post - like morg's cake balls, cait's salsa and nan's rice. Yum.
Update:
Jo's Yummy Salsa (Courtesy of Caitlin B)
2 Avocados sliced
1 can white shoe peg corn
1 can black eyed peas (rinse and drain)
3 Tbs. cilantro (more if you like) chopped
3 green onions (more if you like) chopped
6 roma tomatoes chopped
1 packet of good seasons Italian dressing- prepared as directions on packet.
Combine and only use half of the dressing and then add to taste.
Update 2:
Morgan Family Rice
(I have now had the rice twice in the last week. We had it for dinner again this week.)
3 cloves garlic
1 bell pepper
1 onion
1.5 c rice
3T olive oil
3c. chicken broth
1c tomato sauce
2c H20
puree garlic, pepper, and onion in food processor
saute rice in oil until rice is brown
remove from heat, and then add the sauteed veggies
the heat of the rice will cook the veggies
then, put rice+veggie mixture in a pot.
add liquid (water, broth, tomato sauce) and let cook until rice is done, about 20-30 min
thanks for the recipe! i'm always looking for new ones and i love it when it's crock pot style because nothing's easier! the picture of eliza below is honestly the cutest thing i've ever seen. we need to get the girls together soon!
ReplyDeletethis looks SO good! i am going to try it soon. thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, I'm getting hungry again reading those recipes. That pork was the BEST! Thanks for posting the recipe! You just saved me the work of looking it up. Don't be surprised if you see it show up on my recipe blog soon!! :)
ReplyDelete