8.09.2007

Happenings

So, it does seem as if this blog is turning into a bit of a review session, and my reviews are not very detailed, so they turn out to be a bit useless for you... so i will try to be a bit more detailed and broaden my horizons a bit.



First things first, Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) in The Bourne Ultimatum. Oh man, I loved it!What is it with Matt Damon? Seriously, I think my friend Natalie said it best that he is just so chill but super hot! I always (w/o fail) fall asleep in action movies, but not the bourne movies. I was so entertained. He is handsome and he is just plain smart! And yes, there were the traditional Bourne moments where everyone in the theatre sighs because he has done it again- outsmarted or maybe just out-fought someone. It was a great movie, I did close my eyes for about 90 seconds but I think this is just because it was a very late show and I was not sitting by Ben (i was sitting wedged between two people I didn't know- Ben was in the seat in front of me- we went opening night so it was packed) I recommend it! I would give it 2 thumbs up, 4 stars, etc. (He kind of reminds me of Keifer in a way aka Jack Bauer from 24)




On Saturday night we went to Mamma Mia! It was fantastic! I loved it! I especially loved the dancing and the ABBA music was really fun and catchy. It was a bit like Hairspray- I was smiling the entire time. There were a few parts that were a little questionable (some sexual innuendo's and some not so innuendo-ish, if you know what I mean). See it if you can, very fun! Oh yes, and the best part was the end when Adam (my bro) was sandwiched between two older women who were so excited to sing and dance to their old fav tune "Dancing Queen..." that Adam could no longer see the stage, they wedged him out with their hip swaying and hoot and hollers! Good times!


Also we went out to Fresco's the other night for our anniversary, and we have been several times before, and it was okay this time - I am usually in love with it- but- we tried Cucina Toscana this summer and it was sooooooo good, so fresh, yummy and divine that other Italian places are just not cutting it. I think it's Fresco's ambiance that keeps pulling me back - but I do recommend checking the menu before you go because they do change it often and it is a small menu. If you do go to Cucina Toscana- know how the ordering works, luckily the first time I went I was with my brother who is basically Italian- and he was aware that the ordering style is traditional Italian... the pasta's are small so people can try several (or you can order appetizers, delicious, the caesar salad- they make it at your table, divine, and other items) but if you want a large pasta tell your waiter. Anyway, I love Cucina and cannot wait to go back!

ps. Ben and I both die over Penne Arabbiata, and Farfalle Papalina - delish!



8.07.07 Happy 3 Years!



6 comments:

  1. Okay I never fall asleep in any movie but I fell asleep in Bourne Ultimatum! Not because it bored me at all, but just because I was so tired that afternoon. I love Matt Damon, he is so great in that role!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniverary! I saw the Bourne Ultimatum last night and LOVED it!! IT is so good. p.s. cute pic of you and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. sar,
    way cool picture there. i like that a lot. nice work with the camera
    -ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps - mamma mia was a fun time. i didn't know it was going to be that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 3 years!!! That is awesome! I love your little "review" you've got going on! I am doing the same about my books it seems. I LOVED the bourne ultimatum too!! He is so hot!! I am a huge Jack Bauer fan, so maybe I am a bit partial to secret agents?! I was sad to hear about Fresco's not being very good. We love that place and have been there for our anniversary too and it's always been good. I guess they can have off nights too. About Cocina Toscana- didn't you LOVE the atmosphere?! I don't know why it's such a random mix of things inside but I loved it. The food is amazing too though! Keep blogging, I love seeing what you've been up to.
    xoxo Chels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conrats on three years! I really liked Ultimatum and I love Mamma Mia! I love the reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Archive